This is a variation of the famous Bengali dish. Since i could not find mustard oil in my kitchen, i had to make do with regular cooking oil. But the result was splendid. We served it with South Indian Dosa for dinner.
Dimer Dalna (light egg curry)This is a variation of the famous Bengali dish. Since i could not find mustard oil in my kitchen, i had to make do with regular cooking oil. But the result was splendid. We served it with South Indian Dosa for dinner.Anand Nair
Big, Onion coarsly chopped
Green chilli, thinly sliced
Coriander seeds a
- Boil the eggs along with the baby potatoes and a pinch of salt in a pressure cooker. Once the potatoes are cooked, allow it to cool in a bowl of water. Keep it aside.
- While the eggs and potatoes are cooking, chop the vegetables. Saute the chopped onions with a little oil in a pan, allow it to cool and blend into a fine paste. You can also add little salt and the chopped green chillies while making the paste.
- Crush ginger and garlic to a fine paste. You can also use ready made paste.
- Peel the egg, and make cuts on it with a sharp knife. Add salt and turmeric to the boiled potatoes and eggs and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the eggs and potatoes and fry until the outside turns golden brown colour. Take out the eggs and potatoes and keep them aside.
- In the same oil, add the spices and make them splutter.
- Add the onion paste and saute it till the oil come out through the onion paste. Add the crushed ginger and garlic to the mixture and saute till the mixture turn light brown in colour.
- Mix the chilli powder and coriander powder in one tablespoon water and pour it to the mixture. Add salt and mix well into a fine paste.
- Add chopped tomatoes, saute well and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add a cup of water and continue cooking for another 3 minutes.
- Finally, add the fried eggs and potatoes and cook for 5-7 minutes in low heat. Close the lid while cooking.
- Serve it with rice or Dosas :)